- Recycle flammable materials or containers that may leak, acids, cleaning fluids, matches, paint, etc.
4. TAKE CARE OF ALL LAST-MINUTE DETAILS.
- Have your car serviced if you are traveling a long distance.
- Arrange hotel or other accommodations.
- Make plans for pet care and/or lodging, if applicable.
- Check all closets, cabinets and rooms one last time to make sure you haven't left anything behind.
- Make sure all systems and lights have been turned off in your home before you lock up.
5. BE SURE YOU'RE PREPARED FOR SETTLEMENT.
- Plan to maintain homeowner's insurance for 2-3 days after settlement.
- Leave appliance manuals, warranty information and spare keys in the house, or bring to settlement.
- Make sure the house is "broom clean" and all trash and debris - including any in garage and attic – are removed prior to buyer's final walkthrough.
- Bring driver's license or other form of photo ID to settlement.
- If you are in a condo or co-op, be sure to schedule your move well in advance.
Check any moving rules and restrictions if you live in a condo complex or gated community.